Sikhala divides CCC

Political Reporter

The continued incarceration of Citizens Coalition for Change (CCC) interim Deputy National Chairperson, Job Sikhala has reportedly divided that party’s leadership with Nelson Chamisa being accused of doing little to push for Sikhala’s freedom.

A source who spoke to this publication said that the rift between Chamisa and CCC interim secretary general, Charlton Hwende has widened with the latter accusing the former of surrounding himself with the Johnny come lately while neglecting seasoned party cadres such as Sikhala.

According to the source, Hwende and other members of the Maruva Cabal are accusing Chamisa of failing to use his political influence to negotiate for Sikhala’s release. The source added that the Maruva Cabal had resolved to do away with Chamisa and push for Sikhala’s release from prison through political engagement.

“Sikhala’s detention has widened the rift between Chamisa and the Maruva Cabal faction. The Maruva Cabal led by Hwende is accusing Chamisa of neglecting Sikhala and Godfrey Sithole as nothing was being done to ensure their release from remand prison. The cabalists are convinced that Chamisa was afraid of Sikhala’s influence within CCC and was happy to see him rot in jail. The Cabal is planning to secure a meeting with Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs, Ziyambi Ziyambi to negotiate Sikhala’s release from remand prison,” said the source.

According to the source, the Maruva Cabal is also irked by Chamisa’s plans to announce a new National Executive Committee (NEC) structure that would exclude most of the CCC founding members.

The source added that Hwende and Jameson Timba are initiating a dialogue with Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs, Ziyambi Ziyambi so that he can assist in the case of Sikhala. The duo is also plotting to stage demonstrations at the courts demanding the release of Sikhala and Sithole, if the dialogue with Minister Ziyambi falls apart.

Meanwhile, efforts to get a comment from CCC interim spokesperson, Fadzayi Mahere were futile as she failed to respond to messages sent to her mobile phones.